Monday, March 07, 2005

E-I-C Outs Self -- as G-O-P.

I love this! This could be me! Except for, well, the Editor in Chief part. And, well, the Playgirl part. But not the Republican part! I recently outed myself on the WeLL as a Republican and I can relate. It is easier to let people assume. The reaction was interesting, OK, hostile, but, as a pal said, it would have been the same if most of them had come out as liberal over at newrepublic.com. What bothers me is that people stop listening to you for your ideas and only start hearing what their assumptions tell them. Either way, I'm glad I'm not the only one. And that whole power in the bedroom thing? Very hot. Much hotter than your average Sensitive New Age Guy. From Drudgereport (Yes, I read Drudge, like everyone else, I can admit it.)

PLAYGIRL EDITOR-IN-CHIEF OUTS HERSELF -- AS REPUBLICAN

Mon Mar 07 2005 19:42:14 ET When it comes to sex and politics, Democrats are the more liberal, right? Not so fast. Playgirl editor-in-chief Michele Zipp explores “down and dirty” politics and examines sexuality on both sides of the aisle. In the process she comes to a realization about herself and reveals for the first time she’s now a Republican.“Siding with the GOP when you live in the bluest state around is almost like wearing a Boston Red Sox jersey at a New York Yankees’ home game,” says Zipp in the April issue of PLAYGIRL.

"I cannot tell you how many times a person assumed I voted for John Kerry in 2004. Most of the time, I don’t have the heart to tell them, or the energy to discuss my reasons for going red this election year. But this is Playgirl magazine so it’s about time I was the one who bared what’s underneath.”

How could a member of the media who produces adult entertainment for women possibly side with conservatives from the red states? Zipp spells it out. “Those on the right are presumed to be all about power and greed – two really sexy traits in the bedroom. They want it, they want it now, and they’ll do anything to get it. And I’m not talking about some pansy-assed victory, I’m talking about full on jackpot, satisfaction for all.” “The Democrats of the Sixties were all about making love and not war while a war-loving Republican is a man who would fight, bleed, sacrifice, and die for his country. Could you imagine what that very same man would do for his wife in the bedroom?” asks Zipp.

3 Comments:

At Tue Mar 08, 09:38:00 AM, Blogger Doug said...

Of course Republicans have more interesting sex. They put a man whore right in the White House press room. And it wasn't a Democrat that came up with the sweaty man-piles in Abu Ghraib.

 
At Tue Mar 08, 09:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All that repression and conservatism as a child certainly helps with creativity as an adult. :-)

 
At Tue Mar 08, 09:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All that repression and conservatism as a child certainly helps with creativity as an adult :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home