Friday, May 19, 2006

The Anonymous Lawyer Revealed!

I'm in DC at a publishing show and among the literally 1000s of books, what was the single coolest title I saw today? The bound galleys (advanced reading copy) for Anonymous Lawyer by Jeremy Blachman. Coming this fall from Heny Holt we get the story of a hiring partner at a fictitious LA law firm and his personal and professional battles -- as well as a whole lot of ways to torture associates and "summers'. Based on the Anonymous Lawyer blog it's not clear what came first -- the book or the blog. Either way, it's pretty damn funny. I'm halfway through the book now -- first person to email me gets it. Or really just gets a huge pile of extra work to do over the weekend.

5 Comments:

At Mon May 22, 12:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want!! How do I email you?

 
At Mon May 22, 08:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the spirit of cruel associate torture, I should really make everyone give me 50 word essay, but in reality. If you log into blogger (just make up a fake name if you want to stay anonymous), you'll have an email attached to your login. When my blog notifies me that you've commented, your email address will let me reply.

 
At Wed May 24, 09:48:00 PM, Blogger ChristopherWestPresents said...

Suckers - I got it and will sell to the highest bidder after this weekend!

 
At Thu May 25, 11:39:00 AM, Blogger braingirl said...

Hey, wait, I may need it back, there's a dinner offer up there.

 
At Thu May 25, 10:25:00 PM, Blogger ChristopherWestPresents said...

ok braingirl, but remember possession is 9/10s. Maybe I can work a dinner out of this too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home