Sunday, May 07, 2006

As if I need one more crazy thing in my life, I'm doing the Danskin Triathalon in Chicago in July. Eiyiyi! It's a long story that involves more than just a personal desire to succeed, but I finally just committed and will be starting a 9 week training program tomorrow for a July 9 competition date. As I was sitting have multiple beers with friends yesterday who ran the mini, I could only think how crazy I was to begin training just about the time that they're all getting ready for the summer off-season. I like being fit and working out, but it seriously cuts into my drinking time. I'm celebrating the start of training season by taking a long warm up bike ride today. After I hydrate this hangover. And finish coffee. And breakfast. And a nap. I feel like I already need a cocktail.

In other news around the bloggy world today:
  • I didn't go home this year for the Guymon Rodeo like I usually do. I'm making the trek on Memorial Day weekend instead. TEditor gives us a little taste of home.
  • Tim Goodman breaks down the latest doings on Survivor. (Yes, I admit it, I'm a Survivor junkie.)

1 Comments:

At Mon May 08, 03:36:00 PM, Blogger Brian D. said...

Last year I ran completed the Mini. I couldn't imagine doubling the distance. Then again you're probably half my weight so you might have a better shot than I would.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home