Friday, August 18, 2006

Bits and Pieces -- Mark Karr and the Penis-Pumping Judge

Sorry for the round-up but it's all I've got for you -- too many little bits and pieces running around to track anything down. I'm in the middle to three huge editing projects and it's hard for me to write on my own when I'm writing for other people. Ahhh, problems, problems. Did I mention what feels like a two-day hangover? Another Shiner Bock, some sleep, and my week will finally be over -- just in time to travel next week.

He Didn't Do It: As much as I'd love to believe Karr is the guy who killed JonBenet Ramsey, I'm not buying it. The Ramseys had never even heard of him until a few months ago. It's not even clear he was in Boulder at the time of the killing, and it is becoming clear that he may have a thing for high-profile child murders. Time and the DNA evidence will tell, but sadly, I don't think this case is solved yet. From the AP wire story:

"They either have a miss or a match on the DNA," former Denver prosecutor Craig Silverman said. "If it's a miss, the prosecution has serious problems. If it's a match, then it's game, set and match for this case. Couple the DNA with the kooky confession and it's enough for most people to convict."

"The bottom line is that they now have a confession and until and unless they can corroborate that confession with either physical evidence or strong circumstantial evidence, that's all they have," said Scott Robinson, a Denver attorney who has followed the case from the beginning.

Um, Yeah, Because It's All Hollywood's Fault: Al Sharpton slams filmmakers and record companies for making movies and music that make "gangsterism" cool. It's all their fault black youth aren't becoming leaders and contributing to society. Uh-huh. You just keep thinking that, Rev. Al. Eventually all that sand will clog up your sinuses. It happens when you keep your head buried down there that long.

Oklahoma Judge Pumps His Last -- and Goes to Prision: And last but not least, in a little Oklahoma news, the penis-pumping judge from Bristow, Oklahoma -- the one sentenced to four indecent exposure counts for using a penis pump under his robe during trials on an almost daily basis -- will go to prison for four years. I can't imagine what life for a judge -- and a sexual offending judge -- will be like in the Oklahoma state clink. I'll never think of Bristow the same again. From the Daily Oklahoman.

2 Comments:

At Mon Aug 21, 08:17:00 AM, Blogger Jason said...

OMFG, why had I not heard about the penis pumping judge? That's freakin' hilarious!

 
At Mon Aug 21, 08:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What cracks me up is that people in the court actually heard him using -- like every day for years.

It's been in the news for a year or so while he's been tried and sentenced. Very funny stuff. I think the first boy who ever kissed me was from Bristow.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2004-06-25-judge-conduct_x.htm

Also, from Smoking Gun with all the details:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0121051judge1.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home