Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Nick Hornby at Butler

If you missed author Nick Hornby reading last night at Butler's Atherton Union, you missed a treat. Hearing one of his best short stories, Nipple Jesus, read out loud in that great accent with the tones and inflections just as they were meant to be was wonderful. He answered questions for neatly an hour after reading addressing everything from his writing process to movie adaptations of his work. My favorite Hornby? Fever Pitch. His new book is out now -- A Long Way Down.

1 Comments:

At Tue Mar 21, 10:17:00 PM, Blogger torporindy said...

Hey, I was there too. I thought he was great. I loved the readings, but I knew I would because I like his writing style. The thing that impressed me was that he seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home