Friday, January 27, 2006

The Violent Femmes -- Ahh, Memories

The Violent Femmes, Sunday, March 12, The Vogue, Indianapolis, Tickets go on sale 1/27.

I have such mixed feelings about going to this show. I mean, I'd love to see the Femmes again live (maybe before they die, ha ha), but you know, I'm not 19 anymore. I'd love to go to a great live show, but then again, I'm afraid most attendees would be like me -- 38 year olds trying to recapture their youth. I'd love to see Gordon and the guys belt it out, but then again, the last time I saw them perform it was on The Today Show, and they looked like a bunch of suburban All-American dads. I could just close my eyes, ignore that they're wearing khakis and polo shirts and imagine a day when we lived and died by Add it Up, Gone Daddy Gone, and Country Death Song. But you know, I've tried to avoid putting myself in situations where the phrase "just close your eyes and it won't be so bad" applies.

1 Comments:

At Tue Mar 21, 10:50:00 AM, Blogger Marc said...

You just drummed up about a billion good memories with 2 simple words: "Violent Femmes". I had a girlfriend that introducted me to them, and I used to have their greatest hits CD around here somewhere, until someone borrowed it and never returned. I need to replace that...

"Blister In The Sun" does it for me. Man, I love that silly-ass song.

Blogrolled. Good stuff here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home