Thursday, January 26, 2006

Indiana Tool Road

See, I did it again. I mean "toll road" but it has to be a Freudian slip. My take on this whole Major Moves initiative as a non-native Hoosier? Fix the damn road! Having just "enjoyed" the Indiana Tool Road to Chicago and back yesterday, all I can say is: If Indiana can't fix it, then bring in someone who can. Geeze, the D-position seems to be "Well, we can't do anything about it, but, uh, uh, we don't want anyone outside to do anything about it either!" Will the contract go out of state allowing the dreaded "out-of-state control" of our infrastructure? Most likely. But it will put lots of in-state people to work. And, frankly, if we can't do it, let's get someone in who can instead of just suffering. I swear, this entire state is a population of farmers who go down to the implement dealer to look at a new combine, kick the tires, then go home and figure they can nurse the old one through a couple more seasons. We disagree on this one -- and DST, but Masson's blog still has the best coverage in town.

1 Comments:

At Thu Jan 26, 03:01:00 PM, Blogger Jason said...

I've never gone down the dealer and kicked the tires of a combine, but it's a funny statement about Hoosiers, just the same.

I am certainly leaning towards the lease program that the gov has proposed. And considering that this type of stuff is done all the time in Europe and Australia, I'm not so worried about being test dummies.

Especially for $3.8 billion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home