Tuesday, May 24, 2005

MJ Gets Off...

...well, and gets acquitted, too. At least that's my prediction. I know, I know, it's been a long time since I've darkened the text of this page with the MJ trial. But with the defense case rumored to rest this week, and that hissing sound that is the air coming out of Tom Sneddon's case (and career), I just can't let it go. All that remains now is the mopping up -- and the verdict, of course. Most outlets are predicting acquittal (as am I) although a few think the jury might hang on the molestation charges. Frankly, I think there's a lot of sympathy in that box for MJ. And I'll be honest, I truly didn't think he'd make it this far.

Fox News (and you know, consider the source) is reporting that advisors say MJ is planning a move abroad as soon as he gets his passport back. There he'll plan his career. I'm not so sure I agree with the career thing, but I think he has a real desire to be in a place where he still has a large group of people who love him and think him wrongly accused. I'm guessing Germany. (Fox guesses London or Paris.) He'll have to sell Neverland (although some rumors say it's already sold) but who can afford the zoo and staff now -- and, you know, it's no fun anymore. Unfortunately, I do think MJ will continue to solicit children in foreign countries, and sadly, I think parents will continue to let their children spend an inordinate amount of time with a man three times their age with the maturity level of a 12-year-old.

But for now, we almost await the verdict (which I think will come quickly, frankly if the rumors about the jury siding with MJ early on are true.)

More from Fox on their predictions and his flight from the US (and a few tidbits on the bogus Cruise/Holmes romance, too. He has to go for beards younger and younger these days. Just come out already, Tom. Nobody cares!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home