Thursday, April 07, 2005

Blanket Speaks

These days, it's just all pointers all the time around here. Funniest thing I've read all week. Selections from My Name is Blanket, © 2046 Blanket Jackson From FTrain.
I spoke about going to college and having a life of my own, like my brother Prince. I wanted to study veterinary medicine. But my questions fell on dead ears. Finally he erupted. “No one else is leaving the ranch! No one!” His legs were shaking, but he steadied himself and walked across the room to a statue of Apollo, flipped open its marble head, and pressed a keypad hidden in its neck. Sirens went off. The sound of deadbolts locking echoed throughout the room, and great mechanical noises came through the window. In the distance, a hippo lowed.

At the end of the clanking, a moment of total silence. Finally, my father said, “We are a happy family, Blanket.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home