Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Rushing Rushing Rushing

I hate rushing around. I like schedules, and holding them, and meeting deadlines, and planning ahead. I hate last minute scrambles. But at least I usually see them coming. Today was one. I turned up with a cold on Monday. I chalk it up to a combination of a bad hangover on Saturday and weather change on Sunday. Between the lake, not enough sleep and a long bike ride, I think I over did it. Colds frustrate me. Stuck home, unable to concentrate, read or watch TV. Forget about working. And no food tastes good. (So, for the record, I hate being sick, too.) And with a business trip tomorrow, I've spent a great deal of today rushing around. Car rentals, emails to send, appointments to finalize, restaurant reservations to make, a pedicure to get. Throw in the post office, bank, a trip to Saks for powder they didn't have, a lunch meeting, a run by our graphic designers to pick up my new cards, and a shoe disaster you had my day. (And the shoe disaster is awful. My favorite pair of Prada slides are destroyed.) Oh well, I will find another pair I love as much someday. Maybe. If I'm really lucky.

But rushing is done and I'm off to Dallas for a couple of days. Tonight, the fair for Garrison Keillor, a corndog and the mysterious deep fried Twinkies. And tomorrow, a long afternoon by the pool.

2 Comments:

At Thu Sep 15, 08:01:00 PM, Blogger Erudite Redneck said...

Who are you, George Jones? :-) One month today since you've posted!

Miss you.

XXOO

;-)

--ER

 
At Thu Sep 15, 08:02:00 PM, Blogger Erudite Redneck said...

Well, crap, I was thinking in "journalism time." Which means I spent all day today thinking about what will be published under my name on Saturday. The 17th. Which will be one month since you've posted. ;-0

--ER

 

Post a Comment

<< Home