Thursday, February 24, 2005

DST Bill -- in the House

The House DST bill hits the floor today at 1:30. It's sponsor will have to call it up for a vote. As of this morning, it's expected to pass and Senate leadership has said it will send the bill directly to committee -- and to a committee for real work, not a committee expected to hold it up. It could come up for a vote in the Indiana State Senate in time for implementation in April. As Doug Masson likes to point out, we'll always have that extra hour of darkness to contend with in April. Sure, but we'll have a lovely extra hour of evening daylight in April, too. Offset that early a.m. sunrise by firing up the grill in the evening since by April, the weather gets better. I, for one, will be happy to be able to get in a great walk or bike ride without having to rush home from my office at 5:00 p.m. Ahhhh, finally, summer!

1 Comments:

At Thu Feb 24, 11:22:00 AM, Blogger Doug said...

Ahh, see I grill in all weather and lighting conditions, snow, rain, clear conditions, light or dark. I even got a nifty grill that has lights under the hood. And I really hate waking up in the dark.

My preferences really came crashing home to me when I went to school at Miami University, just across the Ohio border from Richmond where I grew up. When the time changed in April, and I groggily trudged to class on those cold April mornings, I annoyed my Buckeye classmates by grumbling about how, if we were but 15 miles to the west, we could all still be in our warm beds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home