Monday, February 07, 2005

"Quirky" and "Eccentric"

A few weeks ago, I took myself on a good, long vacation. As I wondered the streets of London and roamed around New York, I did some great thinking and some mediocre writing. But at the end of the trip, I resolved to spend more time getting thoughts onto paper. Or in this case, on the screen.

A few weeks later I was at a dinner party and telling a story. It was something I'd seen while gone. One of the guests laughed and said "I like the way you think." She didn't mean it as the joke we've all heard -- "I *like* the way you *think*." She meant it as "I like the quirky way you look at things." I personally don't think my world view is so quirky, but I'm guessing a few friends would disagree. (As an aside, I quit dating a guy once because he called me "quirky and eccentric." Of course, I broke up with a boyfriend once because he was too well-endowed, so what do I know?)

So, here are the fruits of my late night labors. I hope you find something interesting. Or at least, maybe you'll find it quirky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home